Our Mission Statement:
Maximize student achievement by cultivating : critical thinking skills, innovative instructional practices and a collaborative home-school partnership
- Parents, students, staff and community collaborate
- Educators apply results-driven instructional practices
- Students are engaged in a rigorous, relevant and innovative learning experience
- The self-worth of each child is nurtured within a diverse and inclusive environment
- Teachers and staff are engaged in continuous professional development
Dear Parents, Guardians and Community Members,
The District has just completed a successful summer school program. Summer school was revived after over a fourteen (14) year absence in SD171. This summer 178 students participated in math, reading and science enrichment instruction for nineteen (19) days from 8:00 – 12:00 pm each day. It is expected that a similar summer school experience will be offered during the 2014-15 school year as well. Look for information in an upcoming District newsletter.
The registration process for District 171 is a three-step process that includes in-person, residency verification and book pick-up and fee payment. Information will be posted to the District and schools’ websites soon. In person registration is scheduled for August 5-7, 2014 at Nathan Hale Elementary School. Additional Information can be found at www.sd171.org.
Please be advised that Illinois law now requires all students in grades kindergarten through 12 to show proof that they received:
- Two (2) doses of live mumps virus vaccine
- Two (2) doses of rubella vaccine
- Two (2) doses of the measles vaccine
District 171 students are required to be in compliance with these immunizations requirements before schools starts in August. Contact the nurse’s office at your child’s school if you have any questions regarding this mandated requirement.
Enjoy the remainder of your summer!
Dr. Hughes B. George